Monday, October 02, 2006

I <3 Alpha Xi Delta

So if any of you don't know I have joined the Alpha Xi Delta sorority! (by the way the Xi is pronounced Z) My sisters are an amazing group of girls and I can't wait to get to know them all more. I never thought that I would be so peppy or excited about this kind of thing. But really its been a good thing, it has already taught me so much about myself. I learned to be brave and do something on my own that none of my friends were doing. I now know that I can do something totally new and outside of my normal self without holding back. I also think that sorority life brings me back to my Girl Scout days with a little bit of cheerleader thrown in. But again this is a good thing because it keeps me cheery and in a good mood and if I am ever not in a good mod I have my sisters there for me to pick me up. There are so many opportunities to me now in community service, scholarships, and sisterhood, I can't wait to get started and get involved. Being in a sorority is not like being in a club or hanging out with a casual group of friends. Its a lifelong commitment. My grandma would be so proud and I wish that she could be here to see me doing something that she loved so much and that was so much of a part of her life. I love you Grandma! This is for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

im glad you are having a good time.

Anonymous said...

It is awesome you found something for yourself, and from what I can see it is a change for the good, hope it brings you lots of joy!!

Defying Gravity said...

That is amazing! I am so happy for you! I've always thought that being in a sororiety would be fun! Maybe I will have to do it sometime!