Friday, June 02, 2006

When I die I want a coloring book made about my life, please

It's amazing what you can find when you actually clean your room. I was moving books around in my bookshelf and discovered that I currently am the proud owner of two coloring books: "The Prince and Princess of Wales–A Royal Coloring Album" and "Diana-The People's Princess." I am not really sure how I aquired these, I think my Grandma gave them to me. On the inside they are complete with stories on the left some entitled "The Wedding," "The Honeymoon," etc. The other one talks about her life as a princess. I love how they cover the divorce between Princess Di and Prince Charles. They say "Sadly, their marriage could not survive the stresses of royal life." Even the coloring book is very diplomatically handled, with the next title being "A Princess On Her Own." Anyway each story is accompanied by a picture on the right for you to color in. All of the pics are not colored in, so apperantly I never got the urge to color in Princess Di's hair blue or Prince Charles giant ears purple. Too bad, really, I think I would have enjoyed that now. I guess I must have gotten them right after her death in 1997, in honor of her death. So I was 10, slightly passed coloring book age. However, if you know me at all you know that coloring was never cut off at any age for me. I still ask for a kids menu to color on to this day. Anyway, I just thought that it was an interesting thing to own and a interesting way to commemorate someone's life. When I die I want a coloring book made about my life! Remember that people.

-TINK

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant make any promises... and unfortunately I would be the wrong person to make a coloring book... but good idea. Maybe your mom would be able to make something like that.

Anonymous said...

thats my btw....ya...

Anonymous said...

err, uhm, I do hope that Sara outlives her mother. Well, it'd be best if they could all live to see their great-great-great grandchildren, but you know...

I could do it in photoshop; i'd just have to cheat and use real photos.

Neural Chick said...

What a great idea! You know, there are photo editing programs now that can do outline or coloringbook special effects on your pictures... so it's actually not out of the realm of possibility to make your own coloringbooks to commemorate different events or people in your life. I use photoimpression and Kodak Easyshare... they both have those kinds of options.

Anyway, great idea!

Sara said...

Thanks for the tips! Yeah I thought about Kodak after I wrote my blog. I think I might try it out and see how it looks. It would be cool to make a coloring book for my kids some day (although that is very very far away right now) or I thought of making a calendar, something more for the immediate future. One of my friends and I from pics over the last year.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»