Saturday, June 03, 2006

Quotes from some of my favorite women:

"We all need a splash of bad taste...no taste is what I am against." -Diana Vreeland

"My secret is positive thinking and no drinking." -Mae West

"A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are for." -Anonymous

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt

"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you'll never walk alone." -Audrey Hepburn

"Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly." -Julie Andrews (that one's for you Mark)

"If the world seems cold to you, kindle fires to warm it." -Lucy Larcom

"In friendship we must love our friends for their sake, rather than our own." -Charlotte Bronte

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. Security is mostly a superstition. It does not naturally exist in nature." -Helen Keller

"Taking joy in life is a woman's best cosmetic." -Rosalind Russell

"I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward." -Charlotte Bronte

-TINK

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well thats a good place to look

Anonymous said...

I liked this one:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Edna Ferber

I also like that you're writing more :-)

Sara said...

I like that I'm writing more too. I have always loved to write, I just had to get the wheels turning and get used to doing it consistantly. And I've learned its not really about looking for things to write about, once you start things just come to you. I love it!

Sara said...

p.s. I like that quote too, but seeing you write it made me realize that I typed it in wrong. The quote is right but the person who said it was Eleanor Roosevelt. I guess I had a blonde moment. So I fixed it, all better.

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»