Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tuna from Ecuador????

While I was making my tuna salad sandwhich today I looked at the back of my tuna package and noticed that it said, "Product of Ecuador." Wait-what?!?!? Maybe I'm missing something but I didn't know tuna came from ecuador. I mean it's a tiny country the size of Nevada, in South America with only 1,390 miles of coastline, that doesn't scream TUNA to me. I checked out the CIA World Factbook and it does show that fish is one of Ecuador's agricultural products, but it is second to last on the list. Tapioca, pigs, and sheep beat out tuna on the list. I have nothing against Ecuador its self I just don't know if I am comfortable with my tuna coming from there, it just confuses me.

-Tink

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't eat tuna too often, you can overload on mercury.

Anonymous said...

That would be a horrible way to go.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»