Friday, May 19, 2006

Can we have it all?

While watching my daily dose of Sex and the City, the show made me think of a very interesting point. Since birth modern women are told we can be anything we want, and do anything we want. We can choose to be a doctor, lawyer, flight attendant, circus performer, what ever we want. We can get anything delivered to us at any time and we never have to leave the house. We have it pretty good. So my question is, have we been spoiled by choices? Since we have so many options in life I think we may have created a society for ourselves where women have too many choices, causing us to lose our ability to chose and therefore choosing the default of nothing.
After all, once we choose something that means that yet another option dissolves. I know for myself and I think most women that they have mastered the other parts of their lives such as their career, education, friendships, but not relationships. This can be related to almost anything, but in this case I am centering it on relationships. Personally, I have a really hard time settling down. I guess I am so used to being on my own and independent. I have had the opportunity to be with some great guys, but in every instance I chose to not be with them. Why do I do this? I could choose to be happy, but instead I choose to be alone. I think that there may be something wrong with me.

-Tink

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

d:- |

Anonymous said...

There's only something wrong with you if you believe that what you're doing is a problem.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»