Thursday, May 25, 2006

One more reason to hate the laundry room......

Ok so I understand that cell phones are a distration. Therefore they should not be used while driving, operating heavy machinery, etc. But what I do not understand is how it can prevent you from doing landry?! Already I have to deal with the stupid people in the lauindry room who wash or dry their clothes and then just leave their stuff there. Sometimes for days!!! Come on people its laundry its not that hard. But today I have encountered a new level of stupidity in the laundry room.
So here is the scene: I go in there to do a wash, and there are no washers left. I see that there are a few washers that are done so logically people should be coming to pick up their stuff and move it to the dryers. So I wait two minutes and a girl comes in, playing with her cell phone. She walks ALL the way around the table (the slowest way to get to her dryer) then starts to put her stuff into the dryer. So I think "Yay a washer is open!" Um yeah, no. Mid-transit of clothing she gets distracted by her phone walks out of the laundry room and into the computer lab across the hall and proceeds to log onto the computer. So she has a washer and dryer open with half her stuff in each. What!?!? Who does that? Seriously how do you get that distracted? Anyway, the other girl in the laundry room and I give eachother a confused look and she goes into the comp lab and requests that the girl come back and give up her washer. So she moves her stuff while giving me a dirty look! Excuse me but I think you are the one that has the issue since you can't even do laundry without being distracted. By your cell phone! This is something I will definitly not miss by moving home for the summer. Ok rant over...

-Tink

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should have took her stuff out and moved it for her...im sure she wouldnt have noticed.

Anonymous said...

I guess there were more pressing matters than her own clothing...good thing you were nice and didn't help her out ;-).

Anonymous said...

just for clarification that "justin" above isn't me, Marty.

but yes, really quite stupid... really, just take one more minute, get the dryer going, then you have all the time you want!

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»