Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Well the weather outside is frightful...

Today was COLD!! I wore a heavy jacket, a scarf and gloves! Maybe I was wrong but I thought that I lived in California, the land of sand and sun? I do like winter for the aspects of curling up by the fire (when I had a fireplace), hot cocoa, and snow but the biting cold I could live without. Oh well I guess I will have to learn to like it =) So here is a tip for everyone about the cold, I learned this today in class from a woman that lived in Alaska, really it's common sense but its a good thing to remember. She said that when you look outside in the morning and the sky is clear its going to be REALLY cold. But if you look outside and there are clouds its going to be warmer because clouds serve as insulation keeping the earth's warmth in =) Happy winter everyone!

-TINK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and it's still fall!

Anonymous said...

guess the Ataris got that thing about the weather a bit wrong.

also, water contains a lot of energy in liquid state, so when it freezes it helps keep the area around it warm. (thats why they flood fields with water before a big cold spell, because it serves as a heat sink.)

cant wait for the rainy season.