Saturday, November 25, 2006

Sew Exciting

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their families. I had a fun time at home with the rents, we got a lot of good hang out time in and of course laughed a lot because my parents are hilarious. Plus there was the visit to my Grandpa's rest home, "put it on the counter" will never have the same meaning to me lol. Also with Thanksgiving comes the after Thanksgiving madness known as shopping! In my attempt to lay low this holiday my Mom and I only ventured to Wal-Mart this year, and we didn't get up at any crazy times, we went at 9. We totally expected the parking lot to be overcrowded but it wasn't, and we expected millions of people to be inside the store and there wasn't. Yay for going to the upscale Wal-mart! Apperantly, richer neighborhoods could care less about sales. My Mumsie (as I often call her) and I went there to buy my early Christmas present, a sewing machine!! My mom taught me to sew a long time ago and I have been making things off and on ever since, but I never had my own machine, and now I do! I can't wait to start making things. I already sewed my greek letters on a shirt and got all kinds of cool accessories to go with my machine. Oh which I forgot to mention is a "Brother," and it's green and white. I still need to come up with a good name for it, so if anyone has suggestions feel free to submit them. So now that winter is coming you may find me tucked away in my room stiching into all hours of the night hehe I love it. I can't wait to start a project. Hopefully, I will have enough time to make something cool soon.

-TINK

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a quilt.
make a huge quilt.
ginormous.
it doesnt have to have special meaning or anything. just has to be comfy, and big.

Anonymous said...

I think you should call it your "brother"...

Defying Gravity said...

If you need any help if you do decide to make a quilt let me know, I'm just a phone call away.